The awning window is best thought of as the sister window to the casement. Although awning windows are made from the same sash frame as a casement there are a few noticeable differences that can be positive, or negative depending on the requirement. Awning windows have the potential to be your saving grace or least favorite relative depending on how you place them in your home.
Triple weather-sealing system
- A combination of two bulb seals along with an extruded seal that is attached to the sash frame..
- The extruded seal allows vacuum-type tightness allowing better energy efficiency than brush seals.
Truth Encore Hardware
- The industry’s most reliable and attractive operating mechanism.
- The contoured face-plate allows for an almost completely hidden handle.
- Name-brand recognition and a proven ability to last decade after decade.
Heavy Duty Lock & Load Screens
- The window has designed a better casement screen with no side pins. This allows easier removal of screens for cleaning and also allows a more rigid screen design for tighter fitting and more attractive bevelling of the frame. No more tabs, no more pins, just lock & loaded screens that actually keep the bugs out.